Table of Contents
As you know recently India, most populated country, succeeded to do soft landing on moon and became first country to land on south pole of moon through taking mission named “Chandrayaan-3”. This took Internet on fire even Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) broke world record on YouTube with more than eight million concurrent users on live stream on ISRO’s Official YouTube Channel.
Many countries congratulated India’s victory and admired the efforts of entire team of ISRO. At same time many of Journalists from different countries denied to accept this success of India and called it “fake drama and fooling whole world”. One of them famous Pakistani YouTuber Syed Basit Ali uploaded the video on his social media profiles explaining how is India making world foolish as a friend of America!
Pakistani Youtuber Claims Chandrayaan-3, Fake Drama:
Syed Basit Ali also known as Basit Ali is a Pakistani YouTuber, Politician, Anchor and comedian. He is one of those famous Pakistani male celebrities who are against Aurat-March. He highlighted some point regarding India’s Space mission proving country poor in every aspect and Chandrayaan-3 mission was unsuccessful. He called it “fake drama” India showing to world with help of his friend America. This mission had not been landed on moon but lost somewhere in space.
His arguments are listed below:
• India is one of the poorest countries in world having topmost position on graph of poverty.
• India has not enough technical resources to make such project. It only imports parts from different countries such as China and America then assemble there but has not ability to make by itself.
• The budget of Chandrayaan-3 is only $75 Million which is too cheap to launch space rockets. Further, he said, even defense rockets are more expensive than it.
• He also talked about the fuel tanks attached with it were not enough through to successfully land it on moon. He said these little fuel cylinders were smaller than any other moon rocket.
• He also raised arguments against the visuals taken during landing time. Basit Ali said it is impossible for a lander to land on moon in lunar night without Solar energy.
• He also added that even Russia failed to land moon which had worked for 47 years on Luna-25 but it was hacked by America and crashed into moon.
“The words written above are excerpted from the speech of Syed Basit Ali posted on his Facebook page.” We have deeply explained below which proves that how his speech is wrong and what are right answers to his misconceptions emphasized above. If you still have questions about him or India then you have right to write down in comment section.
What is Chandrayaan-3 Lunar Mission?
The word Chandrayaan is composed of two terms derived from Hindi which means Moon Vehicle or Moon craft in Hindi and Sanskrit.
Chandrayaan-3 is the 3rd Lunar Mission after Chandrayaan-1 and 2 launched and manufactured by ISRO, an Indian Space Research Organisation. It consists of a lander named Vikram and a rover named Pragyan(which means wisdom in Sanskrit). It was launched with Rocket named LVM3 M4 on 14 July 2023 at Satish Dhawan Space Centre. On 5 August, 2023 it was inserted into Lunar orbit (Moon orbit). It made a soft landing on the south pole of the moon, less known, visited, and observed before, at a site named “Shivshakti Point” between Manzinus C and Simpelius N craters 69.367621° in the south and 32.348126° in East on 23 August 2023 (12:32 UTC).
How above arguments are Based on Misconceptions showing Chandrayaan-3 Mission FAKE:
- His very first point emphasized the poverty ratio in India so according to him a country can’t launch such missions having a high ratio of poverty. This is wrong it’s not necessary because when other countries landed on the moon they had also higher poverty ratios than the present ratio of India Like:
|Country name||In Year (landed)||Poverty Ratio (in year of landing)|
- However, there is clear evidence that countries having high poverty ratio can still make great achievements in space exploration. This is because space exploration is a long-term investment, and it requires a commitment to science and technology. Countries with high poverty rates may not have the same resources as wealthy countries, but they can still make significant contributions to space exploration.
- India is leader in space exploration and also top in IT sector. Importing or getting support from other countries doesn’t mean it can’t land on moon. The countries which had worked or working on such missions were joint missions among countries you can see below:
|Mission name||Countries Contributed|
|Chang’e 7 mission||China and Russia|
|Apollo-Soyuz Test||The United States and the Soviet Union|
|Luna-25 mission||The European Space Agency (ESA) and the Russian Space Agency (Ros cosmos)|
- The budget for the Chandrayaan-3 mission is $75 million. This is a relatively small budget, but it is not unheard of for space missions.
- The fuel tanks on the Chandrayaan-3 lander are also relatively small. However, this is because the lander is not designed to travel a long distance. The lander is only designed to travel a short distance from the orbiter to the lunar surface.
- The Chandrayaan-3 lander was powered by a combination of solar energy and batteries. The solar panels on the lander collected sunlight during the lunar day, which was used to charge the batteries. The batteries provided power during the lunar night when the solar panels were not generating electricity. The Chandrayaan-3 lander also had a backup power system, which was powered by a radioisotope thermoelectric generator (RTG). An RTG is a device that uses the heat from the decay of radioactive material to generate electricity.
- Idea of Russian Mission lander was hacked is totally fake. This is the information we have collected so far, another thing that Russia failed to achieve it’s goal even after working for 47 years because they had hard landing where India softly landed and if you talk about experience then ISRO has been working since 1969 and had succeed to make successful Satellites and other space projects. I mean to say that the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is a well-respected space agency with a long history of successful missions so nobody can’t deny to it’s achievements.
Conclusion Of Chandrayaan-3 Claim:
The claims that Chandrayaan-3 is fake are likely based on a misunderstanding of the mission or the space program in general. It is important to remember that space exploration is a complex and expensive endeavor. It is not something that can be faked easily by people who has not even idea of space and space vehicles. For More Tech blogs.
Who is the backbone of the Chandrayaan Mission?
This was the vision of Vikram Sarabhai. Here are some of the pillars behind the Chandrayaan-3 mission:
1. Ritu Karidhal, mission director of Chandrayaan-3. She held overall responsibility for the insertion of the spacecraft into the lunar orbit, and for its final descent on Moon.
2. P. Veeramuthuvel, project director of Chandrayaan-3. He is responsible for the overall management of the Chandrayaan-3 mission.
3. K. Kalpana, associate project director of Chandrayaan-3. She is responsible for the development and integration of the Chandrayaan-3 lander.
4. M. Srikanth, mission director of Chandrayaan-3. He is responsible for the overall operations of the Chandrayaan-3 mission.
When Chandrayaan-3 Landed on the Moon?
Chandrayaan-3 Landed on the moon at 12:32 UTC during lunar night.
Did Chandrayaan use solar energy for landing?
No due to lunar night, there will not be sunlight for 14 days so Chandrayaan-3 lander was powered by batteries and used a combination of radar and optical sensors to land safely on the moon.
Why the Chandrayaan Lander named Vikram?
The Chandrayaan-3 lander is named after Vikram Sarabhai, the father of the Indian space program. He was a visionary leader who played an important role in the development of India’s space program. He founded the Indian National Committee for Space Research (INCOSPAR) in 1962, which later became the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in 1969.
What is the role of Abdul Kalam in the Chandrayaan Mission?
APJ Abdul Kalam was a former President of India and a renowned scientist who played a key role in the development of India’s space program. Many ISRO scientists were inspired by him and he was a mentor of many scientists.
Were the Chandrayaan Mission lander and rover completely manufactured and Designed by India itself?
The Chandrayaan-3 mission was not completely made by India itself. The Chandrayaan-3 mission was a joint effort between India and other countries. ISRO was responsible for the overall mission design, development, and execution.
The Vikram lander was made by India’s Space Research Organisation (ISRO). The Pragyan rover was also made by ISRO. The Chandrayaan-3 orbiter was made by ISRO.
Which other countries contributed to the Chandrayaan-3 mission?
Here are some of the countries that contributed to the Chandrayaan-3 mission:
• United States: NASA provided the bus for the Chandrayaan-3 orbiter and the radar altimeter for the Vikram lander.
• Germany: DLR provided the design for the Pragyan rover.
• Belgium: The Royal Belgian Institute for Space Aeronomy (BIRA-IASB) provided the laser altimeter for the Chandrayaan-3 orbiter.
• Sweden: The Swedish Space Corporation (SSC) provided the star trackers for the Chandrayaan-3 orbiter.
For how long Chandrayaan Lander will remain on Moon?
It will remain on the moon for only 14 days after that it will become inactive due to lack of energy and a decrease of temperature up to -238 °F.
Will Chandrayaan-3 Lander (Vikram) come back to Earth?
No, the Chandrayaan-3 lander will not come back to Earth. It is designed to remain on the moon for about 14 days. After that, it will become inactive due to the lack of sunlight.
The Chandrayaan-3 lander is not equipped with a propulsion system that would allow it to return to Earth.
What was difference between Chandrayaan-3 and Luna-25?
Chandrayaan-3 was an Indian Mission launched on 14 July, 2023 and was soft landing while Luna-25 was a Russian Mission launched on 10 August, 2023 and was a hard landing and it crashed into the moon on 20 August, 2023.
Were Chandrayaan-1 and 2 successful or failed?
The Chandrayaan-1 mission was launched in 2008. It was India’s first mission to the moon. The mission was successful in orbiting the moon and in mapping the lunar surface. It also discovered water ice in the lunar craters.
The Chandrayaan-2 mission was launched in 2019. It was India’s second mission to the moon. The mission was designed to land a lander and rover on the moon’s south pole. However, the lander crashed into the moon’s surface during its descent.
The failure of the Chandrayaan-2 lander was the software glitch caused the lander to lose control during its descent, and the communication error prevented the lander from communicating with the ground station.